Exercise Library : Plank Pull-Through
Exercise library with one of Mase’s favourite exercises… The plank pull-through!
The plank pull-through is a great method of mixing up your regulars planks in order to add variety to your training programme, and challenge your core.
1. Select a moderately light dumbell, and place on the floor to one side.
2. Hold a prone body position on the floor, ensure a neutral pelvis (draw navel into spine), with hands on the floor.
3. Keep a strong upper body posture with shoulders back and engaged.
4. To increase difficulty, narrow your stance.
5. Engage the core, and reach and pull the dumbell across the body leading with the back of your hand.
6. Keep the pelvic as still as you can – no rocking!