IPT Fitness Ltd (Known as IPT) is a Personal Training Gym specialising in One on One Training, Group Training, and Nutrition. IPT is committed to protecting the privacy of its clients and users of its website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (EU) 2016/679 we do comply with certain requirements which are designed to ensure that you know exactly how we handle your data. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience and will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or other websites portals is used solely for the purposes set out in this policy.
Who does IPT Fitness process information about?
Current and past clients, suppliers, professional experts, enquirers, and employees.
What information do we collect about you?
The information we gather we deem essential to complete our role as your personal trainer. When you contact us by methods including post, email, telephone, fax or SMS, or our website www.iptfitness.co.uk personal information that you disclose to us may be stored.
Examples of information gathered include:
- Name and Business name (if applicable)
- Contact Details (Phone Number, Address, Email Address)
- Contact and name details of your next of Kin
- Date of birth
- Details of referrals, quotes and other contact and correspondence we may have had with you
- Information obtained from customer surveys, promotions and competitions that you have entered or taken part in
- Recordings of CCTV on site
- Appointment history
- Details of services and/or treatment you have received from us or which have been received from a third party and referred on to us
- Health data required to assess your readiness for physical exercise (by volunteering the sensitive information to us you are consenting to our use within this)
- Notes and reports about your health and any treatment and care you have received and/or need, including about clinic and hospital visits and medicines administered
- Information about complaints and incidents
- Anthropology and industry-specific date including Weight, Height, Girth Measurements, Progress photographic monitoring, Fitness tests, Nutrition diaries, Training Programmes
- Information you have provided in making payment to us, such as financial or credit card information
- Other information received from other sources, including from your use of websites and other digital platforms we operate or the other services we provide, information from business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, or information provided by other
- Companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you
- Where you use any of our websites, we may automatically collect personal data about you including:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform,
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- Personal Information from Children is not knowingly collected from individuals under 16 years of age without the permission of their parent or guardian. Parents and legal guardians are asked not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Where will the Data be stored and for how long?
Client data will be stored on ‘Get Timely’, ‘BodyTracker’, ‘FitBot’, ‘MyPTHub’, ‘iCloud’ and hard copies of medical forms in a locked fire proof cabinet.
A copy of any data we hold on you can be requested by you at any point.
You have the right to withdraw at any point to partaking in any of the data submission, testing or monitoring outlined above. IPT are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
We use all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date. You can update your data at any time simply by submitting updated information to any IPT associate employee
How does IPT Fitness use Data Submitted?
- Booking appointments.
- Information about goods and services we believe to be of interest to you based on past enquiries
- To process invoices and payments
- Maintain records and accounts
- Process your job application (applicable if you apply for employment at IPT Fitness Ltd)
- Notification about changes to our service
- To allow you to participate in features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To recommend goods or services
What are the reasons/purposes for processing information?
- To provide a professional and effective service on health and fitness programming
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- Site safety and security
- Site and internal operations
- IPT Fitness processes information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- personal details
- financial details
- family details
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- goods or services
- employment and education details
- IPT Fitness also processes sensitive classes of information including:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- religious or other beliefs
- offences and alleged offences
Is the information Shared?
IPT Fitness sometimes need to share the personal information processed with the individual themself and also with other organizations. Where this is necessary IPT Fitness is required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed, information is only shared within the European Economic Area (EEA). Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection act.
CCTV at IPT Fitness
To maintaining the security of property and premises and personal protection of staff and clients
Preventing and investigating crime
Monitor staff when carrying out work duties.
Customers and clients
Offenders and suspected offenders
The public and those inside, entering or in the immediate vicinity of the area under surveillance.
How is the Data Shared When Necessary?
Employees and agents
Security and people making the enquiry
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website, for example which location users access our site from most frequently and which pages users visit the most. We only use this data in the aggregate form. This information helps us create a better overall user experience before the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Access and removal of data
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information that we hold about you although we may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request.
Where we are legally obliged to do so we may refuse your request. If this is the case we will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact email@example.com
You also have the right to ask IPT to stop using and remove your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
If you would like to make a request for information deletion, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
IPT Fitness Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis and is not retained.
If you have any specific enquires you can contact us at:
or by writing to us at:
For the attention of the Company Privacy Officer
IPT Fitness Ltd
6A, Sham Farm
Sham Farm Rd
Whose Registered Office is;
341a Chigwell Road