Hannah Cowling: ARC Muscle therapy
Hannah is a highly qualified Sports & Remedial Massage therapist and joined up with IPT Fitness shortly after qualifying in 2013, working alongside the trainers to help clients achieve their goals. Massage plays an important supporting role when training, to treat injuries and niggles or as recovery and maintenance; by keeping the soft tissues in optimal condition, the body is able to recover better and train harder! Hannah’s also trained to test for dysfunctions in the body that could be an injury risk, so she will give feedback to your trainer if certain areas need to be strengthened, avoided, or modified.
Since qualifying, Hannah has gone on to work with a variety of clients from all backgrounds; as well as clients from IPT Fitness, she has her own client base and has worked with many professional sports teams from rugby and American football. As a therapist she is very instinctual and has developed a hands-on approach to identify areas of tension, and uses a variety of learned techniques to tailor the treatment to achieve the best outcome for the individual.
- Level 5 Diploma in Sports & Remedial Massage Therapy at NLSSM
- BSc (Hons) Nutrition – Oxford Brookes University
- Functional movement screening and testing for muscle strength
- Mobilisation of the nervous system
- Massage for Cancer
- Introduction to Fascial Release
- Pregnancy and Post-natal massage
- First Aid for Sport, Exercise & Fitness